Data Protection – An Overview
As of December 2023
More information to download:
- ams OSRAM Binding Corporate Rules - BCR
- Privacy Notice for ams OSRAM Employees
- Data Protection Information for ams OSRAM Shareholders
- Data Privacy Notice for ams OSRAM Business Partners
- Privacy Notice for ams OSRAM on Social Media
Phone: +49 89 6213-0
Fax: +49 89 6213-2020
Data privacy contact: email@example.com.
2. What data do we collect from you?
- We record the domain name or IP address of your computer, the file request of the client (file name and URL), the http response code, and the Internet site you visit us from.
- If you create a user account and register, we collect the access data (usually the user name/e-mail address and password).
- Some sites contain buttons of social media networks. These buttons are not recommendation or referral links. The link merely refers to the social media network in question without any user data being transferred.
3. How do we collect your data?
We collect certain data when you visit our website automatically, since it is necessary for the proper functioning of the page. Otherwise, we collect data provided to us as an input or based on your choice on the use of the cookies on our website.
4. What do we use your data for?
- For technical administration and provision of this website.
- To analyze performance of the website and its subpages.
- To analyze trends and provide products that may be interesting for users.
- To the extent permitted by law: To identify misuse, remedy problems and, where necessary, report violations to authorised authorities.
5. Forwarding of your data
If you have given your consent or we are otherwise authorized to do so under the law, we may pass on your personal data to ams OSRAM Group companies or to service providers (e.g. hosting, sales or marketing partners) for the above purposes.
If the recipients are based in countries that do not provide for an adequate level of data protection, ams OSRAM has taken measures to ensure suitable and adequate safeguards so as to protect personal data. If the data is transferred to
- Group companies in such countries, we ensure that said companies have signed the Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs) on protection of personal data and abide by them. You can find information on ams OSRAM’s BCRs in the pdf at the top of the page.
- recipients outside the Group in such countries, the data is only transferred if said companies (i) have concluded EU standard contractual clauses with ams OSRAM or (ii) – in the case of recipients based in the U.S. – have been certified under the EU–U.S. Privacy Framework.
6. What rights do you have?
The full description of the data subject rights is available in the respective subsection below on this page.
You can contact the Corporate Data Privacy with your query by post or using the information request form.
This data privacy statement is amended from time to time. You can find the date when it was last updated at its beginning.